January is already flying by so fast! Please make sure your child comes to school with the appropriate attire to stay safe outside in the cold weather. We will go outside for recess as much as possible. As you may have noticed last week, I am now printing weekly AR reports rather than writing them out. This way, you are able to see the quizzes your child has taken, and how they are doing for AR. In addition to reaching their goal each quarter, our goal in second grade is for them to be comprehending the texts at 85% or above!
- January 21-PTO Skate Party
- January 23-27-Aimsweb testing continues
- January 27-11:30 dismissal for school improvement
- February 6-PTO meeting @ 7 p.m.
- February 16-Science Night
- February 21-School board meeting @ 6 p.m.
- March 2-PTO Reading Night
- March 7 & 9-Parent/teacher conferences
- March 10-No School
- March 16 & 17-Preschool Roundup
- Story: Pumpkin Fiesta
- Skills: Sentences, predicting outcomes, and possessive nouns
- Vocabulary: boasted, crept, crown, village, vines
- pie, lie, tie, high, night, right, tight, flight, bright, knight, *who, *now
- Challenge words: highlight, height
- Module 3, Lesson 14-Model numbers with more than 9 ones or 9 tens; write in expanded, unit, standard, and word forms
- Module 3, Lesson 15-Explore a situation with more than 9 groups of ten
- Please complete sprints at home for extra practice!
Science & Social Studies
- We will continue learning about winter weather, snowflakes, and Snowflake Bentley next week. Then, we will learn about animal migrations, adaptations, and hibernation.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!